Monday, May 3, 2010

Schoolyard style.

Hazel, 8, wore her black velvet leisure suit and a long black silk petticoat with big black sneakers.

Iris, 6, wore a towel on her head.
"Why are you wearing a towel to school?" I asked.
"Because Hazel does."
"She does... but I don't think it's one of her most practical sartorial choices. Nor does anyone else wear a towel on their head to school, though you can if you like."
We go into the playground, Iris greets some friends and removes the towel,
"You can take this home now Mummy."

Susan, 41, wore her new Josef Steibel ankle boots, thick socks, tartan stirrup-pants from the 80s (when they were in but not mine), two layers of merino and a cycling jacket. But I could have worn my ragged-edged tulle skirt if I'd known we were trying to dress interestingly!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want a Steibel pair of boots and to be brave enough to wear it and then my own personal sherpa to carry it for me when I am 'done' :)

    A towel on my head would have been very useful today when I walked under near an elevated motorway and a huge splash of water came over the side thanks to a passing car an drenched me.

    ReplyDelete