Friday, November 29, 2019

Windows on Themyscira.

I decided that I want Hippolyta to have two brood boxes, both with ordinary wood frames inside, but I kept wisting about putting the Flow Super on next instead. I want my bees to have a peaceful life and for me to wear ice packs as little as possible, but I want to look in the beehive more often than anyone thinks is polite. So I have added a 1mm PET window behind the back door and in front of the spacer bars° of the Flow Super box and 6mm of padding made from the comb guides I am not using (yet*) on the top ledge behind the Flow key access hatch so the ordinary frames will hang straight. 



* I'm going with foundation in my brood frames at least until I'm confident about handling comb. 

Eventually, if I want to put Flow Frames in this box, I can transfer the brood frames to the windowless brood box, and this box will already smell like Themyscira. Though I might add windows first if it turns out they prevent me from rudely opening the hive to the elements too much. 

° "Spacer bars" I kid you not: 


No comments:

Post a Comment