Sunday, February 16, 2020

A new friend.

I thought I wanted a Roman name for an Italian Queen. A name with resonance of not being barren, bellicose or leaving one's homeland with half the populace in tow. I read a lot of potted biographies and hadn't really found something. 

And then we met. 


I was so glad to see her that I needed her to have a name so I could greet her immediately! Isn't she bee-eautiful! Her little back is black and her lovely long abdomen is golden with no stripes. She stands out from the crowd with her style and presence, and as she runs (she's so fast) through them, the crowd loves her. 

So I called her Rachael, a name resonant with being a hard-working mum of fine daughters, a name that likes to do preserving, and that likes things nice and organised. 

Look at how well organised her brood is! So proud. 

Meanwhile, Malka is doing so well that we took another seven frames of capped honey off her hive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment